The Role of Commercial Lines Client Service Associate (CL CSA):
The CL CSA is an entry level position with a hands-on opportunity to learn about insurance while aiding Account Managers and clients with service needs. This position will provide a broad level of organizational and administrative support to the Commercial Lines team while achieving their Property and Casualty Producer License within the first year of employment.
- Participates in providing basic client service such as issuing Certificates of Insurance, Evidence of Property Coverage documents, Auto ID card requests, or order basic policy change requests on behalf of the Account Manager. Must do these transactions accurately, on time and in accordance with agency procedures
- Provides support by assisting Account Managers with preparation of reports and required documents, as well as customer service to clients as directed by the Account Manager.
- Prepares renewal summaries, monthly Renewal Lists, and other documents as requested by the Account Manager
- Accurately maintains electronic documentation of Activities and communications in AMS360
- Assists with renewal review process on house accounts to check for upsell or rounding opportunities and discuss with Account Manager
- Provides quotes on existing accounts for additional lines of insurance, renewals, and endorsements, as directed by Account Managers
- Assistance with data entry of new business into AMS360 and assistance to the Account Manager with the quoting of new business
- Learns the back-end quality management process to gain a full understanding of a transaction from beginning to end.
- Participates in educational seminars/classes for improvement of insurance/sales skills and acquires Property & Casualty License within the first year of employment
- Establishes and maintains team oriented relationships with Account Manager colleagues
- Prompt and reliable attendance required
- Follows the procedure manual established by Chalmers Insurance Group
- Any other duties or projects that may be assigned
Who You Are:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required; college coursework preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years of in a professional office/business environment; some insurance experience preferred.
- Property & Casualty Producer’s License required within first year of employment.
- Proficient computer skills required to enter, access, or retrieve client data from Agency Management System (AMS 360) and company websites.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information, and respond appropriately.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Thoroughness, accuracy, and strong attention to detail.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Client relationship building, people skills, product knowledge, organization, and dependability are necessary.
Who We Are
For over 165 years, Chalmers Insurance Group has been a small-town, family owned business that strives to make a positive difference in the lives of others. We believe that personalized insurance is the best insurance. Being part of a growth mindset culture with intentional focus on recognition and appreciation means working and growing alongside knowledgeable, forward-thinking, passionate professionals who love sharing their expertise with clients and each other. To learn more about Chalmers Insurance Group visit www.ChalmersInsuranceGroup.com.
Our Ways of Working
In July of 2021, we adopted a hybrid, flexible working schedule. Most of our co-workers enjoy three days from the office and two days from their home offices. This position would be eligible for a hybrid schedule. We have eight locations in Maine and New Hampshire; some travel to others offices may be required.
Why You Will Love Working at Chalmers Insurance Group
- We are a family-owned company and we treat you like part of the Chalmers family!
- We invest in the infrastructure you’ll need to be supported and successful.
- We provide products that have a positive impact on our friends, family and neighbors in our community.
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here.
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems.
- We believe in exceptional leadership.
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career development.
- We have great benefits like company paid medical, life/STD, dental, vision, and a 401k with company match.
- We care about communities and provide paid volunteer time.
- We care about employee wellbeing with support for emotional health and financial planning.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
To apply, email Jessica Orgo at firstname.lastname@example.org.