10 must haves in your car kit
January 5, 2018
Safeco Winter Car Kit: Add items that suit your individual needs. But, most importantly, keep the kit in your car at all times. Keep these additional safety tips in mind:
- Keep your vehicle well maintained (and gassed up).
- Create a trip plan and share it with friends or family.
- Stay in your car if you get stuck. Walking to find help is an easy way to get lost and separated from others in your party.
- To reduce battery drain, only use your emergency flashers if you hear vehicles approaching. You can keep your dome light on to remain visible.
- Add roadside assistance to your car insurance policy for help in an emergency.
Remember, it doesn’t take much time or money to prepare an emergency kit. It’s the potential cost of not having one that is enormous.