Improve Fuel Economy
August 11, 2017
When it comes to saving money on fuel, even the smallest changes can lead to big savings. To start improving your fuel economy today, consider doing the following:
- Avoid rapidly accelerating and decelerating.
- Avoid idling whenever possible.
- Use your vehicle’s air conditioning system sparingly, as it can use up fuel.
- Roll your windows up when driving on the highway to improve aerodynamics.
- Avoid driving at peak traffic hours, as driving in stop-and-go conditions can take a toll on your fuel economy.
- Keep your tires inflated.
- Tune your engine regularly.
- Have your oil changed once every three months.