Parking Lot Safety Tips
January 9, 2018
Parking lots are a common hazard for drivers and vehicles alike. Slips, falls, auto accidents, theft, harassment and assaults are just some of the risks individuals face while using parking lots.
Thankfully, there are a number of precautions drivers can take in order to protect themselves and their vehicles, including the following:
- Park in a well-lit area, preferably one with surveillance cameras and security patrol services.
- Avoid parking near shrubbery or other areas that could conceal attackers.
- Park as close to an elevator as possible when using garages.
- Lock your doors when leaving your vehicle. Have your keys ready when you return to ensure quick entry.
- Remain vigilant and notify security or the authorities if you notice suspicious behavior.
- As always, check your auto insurance with your Chalmers agent to review your coverage 800-360-3000.