Planting Safety Tips
May 1, 2017
As farmers prepare for planting season, it is worth remembering the following safety tips:
- Be mindful while transporting goods on public roadways.
- Watch for children, as they’re often attracted to large, noisy equipment.
- Follow instruction labels when applying products such as pesticide, herbicide or fungicide. Consider keeping photos of the instructions on your smartphone for convenience.
- Service all farm equipment regularly.
- Store fuel away from machine sheds and other buildings.
- Get adequate amounts of sleep, and follow a healthy diet.