Commercial Lines Account Manager
If you are an insurance professional who is eager to be part of an organization that values the employee experience, offers superior client service, commits to giving back to and connecting with our communities, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Our Account Managers provide service to clients' changing insurance needs by selling commercial lines insurance products as well as servicing existing accounts, reviewing coverage and increasing retention through account rounding. Service duties include policy and endorsement issuance, customer and company correspondence, automated policy rating, and agent management system (client database) upkeep.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
- Handles all client contacts (phone calls, walk-ins, email, etc.) and activities for assigned accounts and other accounts as needed
- Uses every contact as an opportunity to round the account and review coverage the client needs; and communicate those needs successfully
- Handles new business and/or additional policies for existing insureds; gets completed applications which are completed in AMS 360 and supplemental forms, markets to appropriate insurance company(ies), presents quote(s) to insured and once accepted by insured, submits to carrier with down-payment, if appropriate, and suspends to Quality Manager (QM)
- Documents all activities in AMS 360
- Works with Personal Lines Account Manager when the client has both personal and commercial business with agency, to prevent any gaps in coverage
- Participates in educational seminars/classes for improvement of insurance/sales skills and maintains required insurance licenses and acquired insurance designations
- Maintains knowledge of current underwriting requirements of contracted insurance carriers as well as comprehending policy provisions and any changes in those provisions
- Establishes and maintains team oriented relationships with Account Manager co-workers
- Follows the procedure manual established by Chalmers Insurance Group
- Any other duties or projects that may be assigned by Agency Leadership
Minimum Education and Experience
2-5 years, preferably in Commercial Lines insurance; High school diploma/equivalent; College coursework preferred, and a valid Property and Casualty license.
Proficient computer skills required to enter, access, or retrieve client data from agency management system (AMS 360) and company websites. Proficiency with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook and PL Rating (our home/auto rating system). Excellent communication skills (written and oral), professional appearance and attitude. Client relationships, people skills, product knowledge, organization, dependability, motivation for sales, and selling to customer needs. Industry designations are a plus, but not necessary.
This job is located in Maine or New Hampshire. To apply, email Jessica at email@example.com.