Personal Lines Account Manager
The Role of Personal Lines Account Manager:
Our Insurance Agents / Account Managers provide service to clients' changing insurance needs by servicing existing accounts, reviewing coverage and increasing retention through account rounding. Service duties include policy and endorsement issuance, client and company correspondence, automated policy rating, agent management system (client database) upkeep.
- Handles all client contacts (phone calls, walk-ins, email, etc.) and activities for assigned accounts and other accounts as needed
- Uses every contact as an opportunity to round the account and review coverage the insured needs; communicate those needs successfully
- Handles new business and/or additional policies for existing insureds; gets completed applications which are completed on AMS 360 and supplemental forms, markets to appropriate insurance company(ies), presents quote(s) to insured and once accepted by insured, submits to carrier with down-payment, if appropriate, and suspends to Quality Manager (QM)
- Documents all activities in AMS 360
- Works with Commercial Lines Insurance Agent / Account Manager, when necessary, if client has personal and commercial business with agency, to prevent any gaps in coverage
- Participates in educational seminars/classes for improvement of insurance/sales skills and maintains required insurance licenses and acquired insurance designations
- Maintains knowledge of current underwriting requirements of contracted insurance carriers as well as comprehending policy provisions and any changes in those provisions
- Establishes and maintains team oriented relationships with Insurance Agent / Account Manager colleagues
Schedule and Location:
The Personal Lines Account Manager position is a full-time position; normal business hours are Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm. In July of 2021, we adopted a hybrid, flexible working schedule. Most of our co-workers enjoy three days from the office and two days from their home offices. This position would be eligible for a hybrid schedule. We have eight locations in Maine and New Hampshire; some travel to others offices may be required.
Who You Are:
- Insurance: 2 years of experience, preferably in Personal Lines
- Customer Service: 2 years of experience
- Property & Casualty Producer License required
- Proficient computer skills required to enter, access, or retrieve client data from agency management system (AMS 360) and company websites. Proficiency with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook and PL Rating (our home/auto rating system). Excellent communication skills (written and oral), professional appearance and attitude. Client relationships, people skills, product knowledge, organization, dependability, motivation for sales, and selling to customer needs. Industry designations are a plus, but not necessary.
Who We Are
For over 165 years, Chalmers Insurance Group has been a small-town, family owned business that strives to make a positive difference in the lives of others. We believe that personalized insurance is the best insurance. Being part of a growth mindset culture with intentional focus on recognition and appreciation means working and growing alongside knowledgeable, forward-thinking, passionate professionals who love sharing their expertise with clients and each other.
Our Ways of Working
In July of 2021, we adopted a hybrid, flexible working schedule. Most of our co-workers enjoy three days from the office and two days from their home offices. This position would be eligible for a hybrid schedule. We have eight locations in Maine and New Hampshire; some travel to others offices may be required.
Why You Will Love Working at Chalmers Insurance Group
- We are a family-owned company and we treat you like part of the Chalmers family!
- We invest in the infrastructure you’ll need to be supported and successful.
- We provide products that have a positive impact on our friends, family and neighbors in our community.
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here.
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems.
- We believe in exceptional leadership.
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career development.
- We have great benefits like company paid medical, life/STD, dental, vision, and a 401k with company match.
- We care about communities and provide paid volunteer time.
- We care about employee wellbeing with support for emotional health and financial planning.
- 401(k) matching
- AD&D insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
This job is located in Maine or New Hampshire. To apply, email Jessica Orgo at firstname.lastname@example.org.