This position is a vital part of our office. The ideal candidate is a professional who is enthusiastic about providing our clients and co-workers with an exceptional first impression on the phone and at the front desk of the agency. Our office is a fast-paced, growing environment that requires dependability, critical thinking, problem solving and tenacity.
The Role of Agency Assistant:
- As the Agency Assistant, you are the face of the Agency!
- Answers and directs a high volume of incoming calls
- Greets all walk-in clients
- Handles incoming agency mail and packages
- Takes interest and initiative in clients and co-workers
- Handles billing responsibilities
- Maintains and orders all agency supplies
- Monitors common areas to be sure paper goods, etc. are stocked
- Takes direction from and supports multiple people
- Prompt and reliable attendance required
Who You Are:
- At least two years of experience in a professional environment
- High School Diploma/Equivalent; college coursework preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Positive attitude and an extraordinary client service orientation
- A genuine interest in serving and caring for other people
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Outlook
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and operate in tight deadlines
- Excellent phone skills
- Professional appearance
- Takes initiative to solve problems
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Professional appearance and attitude
Who We Are
For over 165 years, Chalmers Insurance Group has been a small-town, family owned business that strives to make a positive difference in the lives of others. We believe that personalized insurance is the best insurance. Being part of a growth mindset culture with intentional focus on recognition and appreciation means working and growing alongside knowledgeable, forward-thinking, passionate professionals who love sharing their expertise with clients and each other. To learn more about Chalmers Insurance Group visit www.ChalmersInsuranceGroup.com.
Why You Will Love Working at Chalmers Insurance Group
- We are a family-owned company and we treat you like part of the Chalmers family!
- We invest in the infrastructure you’ll need to be supported and successful.
- We provide products that have a positive impact on our friends, family and neighbors in our community.
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here.
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems.
- We believe in exceptional leadership.
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career development.
- We have great benefits like company paid medical, life/STD, dental, vision, and a 401k with company match.
- We care about communities and provide paid volunteer time.
- We care about employee wellbeing with support for emotional health and financial planning.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
To apply, email Jessica Orgo at firstname.lastname@example.org.